Sunday, September 20, 2015

RAZ Kids.

Students experienced RAZ Kids in the computer lab last week. It is a great online reading program differentiated for your child and works with reading and comprehension at your child's level.  Many students are familiar with it from first grade.  Students can follow along with a text while its read or record themselves reading and earn stars for completing books and doing well with the comprehension questions. It focuses on many skills and strategies they need.  Students have special accounts that are linked to my class so I can view each students activity and progress and help guide my instruction to meet their needs.  You are also able to view student progress by signing up with your email or letting me know and I can link it.

This program is optional to use at home but I have sent letters home to enable this possibility.  Students will use this program at school at least once per week in addition to other independent and partner reading opportunities.

You can find a shortcut to the website under "websites" to the right.
Please let me know if you have any questions!


No comments:

Post a Comment